Child Assessment Protocol During the Pandemic
The procedures outlined below are designed to minimize any risk of infection during psychological assessment:
- The risk of contracting COVID-19 cannot be eliminated, only reduced. By participating in this assessment, you accept these risks on behalf of yourself and/or anyone in your care.
- You and your child must pass screening prior to attending our office. If you or your child are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19, please call to cancel your appointment (705-735-4776). There will be no fee for late cancellation for these reasons.
- Your provider will also pass the same screening, and therefore, may have to cancel at the last minute due to a failed screening; we appreciate that this can be an inconvenience, and we ask for your understanding in this circumstance.
- When you arrive at the scheduled appointment time, please call in to the office and someone will escort you in.
- We ask that you wear masks while you are in the building.
- Your child will be asked to wear their mask, covering both their mouth and nose, at all times during the assessment, unless they are asked to pull it down for a specific testing activity so that we can clearly hear what they say. They will be asked to pull their face mask back up at the end of such an activity.
- We will also provide a face shield for your child to wear if necessary and we will ask you (or your child) to adjust the shield to fit your child’s head prior to the start of the assessment. This face shield will be used only by your child.
- We will also be wearing face masks and face shields throughout the assessment. We may need to pull down our masks when completing certain tests to ensure that your child is able to hear what we say.
- We will also be using a plexiglass table shield between the client and the examiner at all times during the assessment.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at reception and on the testing table.
- We are trying to keep our waiting room closed to minimize risk of virus transmission. If at all possible, we ask that parents wait outside or off-site during the assessment appointment.
- We ask that only one parent attend, and if possible, please leave siblings at home.
- A bathroom is available, of course. However, we would prefer to limit its use, as much as is practical; please try to use the bathroom at home prior to the appointment.